Friday, May 25, 2007

This is good stuff

In my typical blog tour I found a link at Lit Soup by author Libba Bray. Ms. Bray's post is in response to a blog entry by Joss Whedon (yay the linking of blogs to other blogs to other blogs . . . ).

I am blown away by this post of hers because it is something I so easily could have written, and, wait a minute, actually have written. I was once given an assignment to write about something I was passionate about for a drama class. So I chose the F word. Feminism. How it has become a dirty word and affiliated with extreme actions, when really the meaning is very simple, equality for women (I cringe when some woman says, "I'm not a feminist, I'm an equalitist." Sigh). Anyway, there is not much point in me going on about it as Ms. Bray has done an excellent job herself, so I direct you now to her blog:


Devon Ellington said...

Yes, I get tired of "feminism" being a dirty word. And I get tired of being told I can't truly be a feminist because I'm heterosexual, and I like to sleep with men!

Devon Ellington
Ink in My Coffee

Adrienne said...

Oh gosh I've never actually been told that thank goodness. What did you think of the post? (oh and thanks so much for stopping by!)