Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Steampunk Tuesday - Cool Stuff

With Steampunk being such an aesthetic movement, you will find plenty of artisans creating some truly wonderful Steampunk stuff available for purchase.

I thought I'd share with you a few of my personal current favourites!



Let's start off with this super awesome prints from CollageOrama.  I own four of these, and you can see them in the photos of my apartment back on our first Steampunk Tuesday post.  They're printed on old dictionary pages etc, and look as good in person as online.





Next.  I might be one of the only people left on the planet who doesn't have a smart phone.  Yet.  I really want to get one.  And when I do get one. . . Well, this guy's Steampunk iPhone case would be pretty sweet.  His whole catalogue over at VictorianSteampunk (Etsy) a.k.a. "Victorian Steam Austin" (in Google) a.k.a "Victorian Steam Calculation Engine Co." (Store) of inventory is pretty impressive in general:





Probably most famous for the dresses (and models) on the covers of Steampunk goddess Gail Carriger's PARASOL PROTECTORATE series, Engima Fashions offers some fantastic Gothic inspired Steampunk clothing:

 




Looking for shoes?  The question is more like:  When are we NOT looking for shoes . . . Fluevog isn't just a Steampunk footwear shop, but they have so much that is Steampunk-esque they might want to consider a Steampunk advertising campaign someday.  LOVE this store.





Last but not least we have my amazing friend Katie Lintern who designs Steampunk jewelry.  For those of you who are new to my blog, I shall post pics now of the amazing necklaces she made for me.  Check out her etsy, here.

This is one necklace, but it's reversible!  Cool huh??


And the other necklace.  Love how delicate and elegant this one is.



And that's it for now!  A small sampling, but I shall share others later on.  Always leave 'em wanting more though, right? 

On a totally unrelated yet related note, preparations are well under way for the filming of my book trailer for THE FRIDAY SOCIETY.  It's looking like it's going to be super cool, and I will keep you all posted with behind the scenes info and pics. 

1 comment:

KamilleE said...

I love the dress and the necklace! They're so pretty!