Tuesday, March 12, 2013

World meet OUTCAST, OUTCAST meet world

I mentioned in my first blog post back last Monday, after my rather long hiatus, that I had some book news and that I might or might not write a wee bit more about it anon.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is anon.

And here is the official Publisher's Marketplace announcement about my next book (!):

Adrienne Kress's OUTCAST, a quirky romantic YA, set in the deep south, about an unlikely pair of heroes leading a band of misfits against a host of "angels" that have been kidnapping their fellow townspeople, to Mary Cummings at Diversion Books by Jessica Regel at the Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc. (World English). 



Yes. I have a new book coming out, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I am also thrilled to be working with Diversion Books. The world of ebooks is definitely a new one for me, and I am looking forward to learning a lot about it. I am especially excited to be working with Mary, who loves OUTCAST as much as I do. I also like how the book will be available Print on Demand – so if you want to you can get a paper copy.

And you'll get a chance to get a copy. Soon.

Because it'll be out in JUNE of this year.

Yes, you read that right. That's the amazing thing about ebooks, the quick turnaround.  It's kind of crazy :) .

I love this story. It's funny, it's sweet, it's a little sad in places too (apologies ahead of time). And it's the first romance I've written. Though true to Adrienne form, it's very . . . me: a romance based on mutual respect and shared interests. To me, there's nothing more romantic :)

I'll share more about OUTCAST in future blogs (maybe even a sneak peek or two).  And of course I'll be sharing all about the process and everything I learn about the world of ebooks with all of you. We'll be learning together, and I think it's going to be – dare I say it? – fun.

5 comments:

Helen K said...

Congratulations, Adrienne! You must be thrilled. Looking forward to reading it.

Helen Kubiw

Anupama Nair said...

am listing 100 percent authentic ways to make money in my blog...

Do mail in case you like to exchange links

http://makingsureshotmoneyoninternet.blogspot.com/

(no spam only real moneymaking ideas)

Alisha Cunningham said...

I just finished the ARC today and it was fantastic! I cannot say enough good things about Outcast. My friends on Goodreads are loving it. What an awesome, funny, romantic book!

ged00002 said...

Just finished reading outcast... I love Gabe and therefore you MUST write a sequel! I want Riley to man up and go after him and get him back. Can you hint if a sequel is in the pipeline? Geri :)

S MUKHERJEE said...

This Post is a very very good Sexy wallpaper site....