Tuesday, March 12, 2013

World meet OUTCAST, OUTCAST meet world

I mentioned in my first blog post back last Monday, after my rather long hiatus, that I had some book news and that I might or might not write a wee bit more about it anon.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is anon.

And here is the official Publisher's Marketplace announcement about my next book (!):

Adrienne Kress's OUTCAST, a quirky romantic YA, set in the deep south, about an unlikely pair of heroes leading a band of misfits against a host of "angels" that have been kidnapping their fellow townspeople, to Mary Cummings at Diversion Books by Jessica Regel at the Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc. (World English). 



Yes. I have a new book coming out, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I am also thrilled to be working with Diversion Books. The world of ebooks is definitely a new one for me, and I am looking forward to learning a lot about it. I am especially excited to be working with Mary, who loves OUTCAST as much as I do. I also like how the book will be available Print on Demand – so if you want to you can get a paper copy.

And you'll get a chance to get a copy. Soon.

Because it'll be out in JUNE of this year.

Yes, you read that right. That's the amazing thing about ebooks, the quick turnaround.  It's kind of crazy :) .

I love this story. It's funny, it's sweet, it's a little sad in places too (apologies ahead of time). And it's the first romance I've written. Though true to Adrienne form, it's very . . . me: a romance based on mutual respect and shared interests. To me, there's nothing more romantic :)

I'll share more about OUTCAST in future blogs (maybe even a sneak peek or two).  And of course I'll be sharing all about the process and everything I learn about the world of ebooks with all of you. We'll be learning together, and I think it's going to be – dare I say it? – fun.

5 comments:

Helen K said...

Congratulations, Adrienne! You must be thrilled. Looking forward to reading it.

Helen Kubiw

Alisha Cunningham said...

I just finished the ARC today and it was fantastic! I cannot say enough good things about Outcast. My friends on Goodreads are loving it. What an awesome, funny, romantic book!

ged00002 said...

Just finished reading outcast... I love Gabe and therefore you MUST write a sequel! I want Riley to man up and go after him and get him back. Can you hint if a sequel is in the pipeline? Geri :)

Unknown said...

I am hooked on Outcast, please write a sequel. The end of the book just seems unfinshed, I'm dying for part two.

Unknown said...

I am hooked on Outcast, please write a sequel. The end of the book just seems unfinshed, I'm dying for part two.