Thursday, September 22, 2011

Potent Quotables




For no particular reason aside from the fact that I felt like it, I am sharing with you a list of some of my favourite quotes either for their hilarity or insightful-ness or just plain absurdity.  I'd love to hear from you guys what yours are too, please leave them in the comments section below!



My life philosophies:

"Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint." - film version of Mansfield Park

"Never give up!  Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

"Just keep swimming."  - Finding Nemo



A bit of wit and fabulosity:

"It is not good for one's morals to see bad acting." - The Picture of Dorian Gray

"Everyone has a heart, except some people." - All About Eve

"You're maudlin and full of self pity.  You're magnificent."  - All About Eve

"You have exquisite taste!"
"My taste is superb, my EYES are exquisite!" - Bullets Over Broadway

 "I hope we never die!"
"So do I!"
"You think there's any chance of it?" - The Lion In Winter

"Well what family doesn't have its ups and downs?" - The Lion In Winter


"Oh God, but I do love being king!" - The Lion In Winter 



Humour and Absurdity:

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine.  And he shall be my Squishy." - Finding Nemo

"Curse you Aqua Scum!!" - Finding Nemo

"Squirrel!" - UP

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you." - UP

"There'll be no butter in Hell!" - Cold Comfort Farm

"A pox on your outlandish feminine antics!" - Love's Sacrifice



Some Shakespeare:

"'Seems' madam? Nay, it is.  I know not 'seems'." - Hamlet

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - Macbeth

"I live with bread like you, feel want, taste grief, need friends.  Subjected thus, how can you say to me I am a King?" - Richard II

"I know you all." - Henry IV, Part I




A pair of favourite tweets:

Unfortunately at no point during my workday does anyone ever have cause to shout my name and then toss me a sword.  - Seth Macfarlane

I am beginning to suspect that I am not in the Green Hornet movie. - John Cho


2 comments:

Jimbo G said...

Surely you can't be serious?
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.
- Airplane!

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
- The Replacements

Adeeva Afsheen said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Indra Bekti Dan Saipul Jamil Dikabarkan Pelecehan Seksual
Obat Untuk Membunuh Bakteri Dan Virus Dalam Tubuh
Rahasia Cantik Dari Kim Kardashian
Obat Herbal Infeksi Ginjal
Obat Pelancar Susah Bab
Obat Herbal Sakit Kepala Berat
Obat Pendarahan Kanker Serviks
Obat Kerusakan Jaringan Syaraf
Obat Tratak Atau Bercak Putih Pada Anak Dan Bayi
Obat Hidrosepalus Anak