Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Links

First of all, I love this:




It's brilliant and magical and also just a little scary.  Also it's 100% accurate.

It's also wonderfully realised.  Here is the full image on which it was based.  And here is a link to the artist's Deviant Art page, with some of his other quality images:




And more fabulous artists being fabulous:  check out these reimagined covers from classic novels.


In the book world:

Here is a really great interview with a teen blogger about what he reads, his thoughts on ebooks and more.  Once more we have a perfect example that teens are rather intelligent people, something that unfortunately I feel folks need to be reminded of now and then. 


Here's a sneak peak at what children's books are coming up Spring 2012.

Some interesting stats on the buying habits of ebook readers.



In movie news we have some new portraits of the cast of THE AVENGERS. Though of course my favourite, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, is missing.  Bad guys always get a raw deal . . .

We also have some moody WUTHERING HEIGHTS photos.  This is looking very interesting and features a cast of unknowns which also bodes well in my opinion.  



Last but not least . . . this:






4 comments:

Derek Molata said...

Love that! Great illustration.

KamilleE said...

I was always actually scared of the teddy bears!

Eliza Tilton said...

That first one is brilliant

and the stalking kitty...love

Jimbo G said...

Still have my Teddy Bear that my grandma gave me all those years ago.