Friday, July 04, 2008

My Birthday!

My birthday was this past Monday and I have to say it's been a great one! It began with an honest to goodness surprise party on Saturday, which I had not a single suspicion was being organised for me. Kind of got me all emotional. Then a friend's pool party on Sunday (which technically wasn't planned for me, but still was a nice way to spend a Sunday), drinks with friends on Monday, high Tea on Tuesday, and Sushi yesterday.

Okay.

Yes.

It was more of a birthday week.

BUT

I wanted to share with all of you the coolest thing ever! My birthday cake from the surprise party!



See! It's shaped like a typewriter! Complete with chocolate keys! Isn't it just awesome?!

(for anyone interested, it was made at The Sweet Escape in the Distillery District here in Toronto, and they totally do tons of other customised cakes)

Anyway, all this birthday stuff (combined with a lot of writing) is my excuse for yet more poor posting. I am very very sorry about all that!

Hope everyone is well, and I promise to be better this week!

xoxo


Oh and a really big Happy Fourth of July to all you Americans out there! May your hotdogs be plentiful and fireworks legal! Huzzah!

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! That has to be the coolest cake ever.

Charles said...

Belated happy birthday!

Adrienne said...

Thanks guys!

Nik Perring said...

Oops. Bit late to the party, sorry. A belated heppy birthday to you!

N x

God said...

I'm the worst internet friend ever. Pretend this comment was last week, okay?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AK!

Your timely pal,

TKT

Anonymous said...

Love that pretty pink typewriter cake! If I lived anywhere close, I would ask for it for my birthday.

J m mcdermott said...

America and Adrienne have the same birthday?

I was wondering what all the fireworks were about. America seemed like such a silly thing to explode over.

Now, I know the truth!