Thursday, February 08, 2007

If I can make it there . . .

Sorry all for not posting much this week. I needed to focus on my editing, but I am very happy to say that I am finally finished, so it was worth being separated from all you lovely people! Well almost worth it.

And I'm afraid that this will be the last entry until Tuesday. I thought maybe on Tuesday I'd take Orion up on her offer and write a little bit about reading in public. While I haven't had a lot of experience yet at it (in fact that entry last week was my only time), I am an actor. As such I have had to do many a "cold read" as they are called, which is where you go to an audition and they give you the script then and there to read cold. I also have a lot of experience working with kids and getting and keeping their attention, as well as disciplining them (grr I'm mean . . . no I didn't believe it either). And of course, as ever, you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

As for the reason I am not going to be blogging again till next Tuesday, I am going to New York tomorrow morning and I am much looking forward to it! I get to see my friends and the city and I get to meet my American editor, Rob, with whom I've only chatted on the phone and who seems just so lovely!

I will fill you in on the whole trip when I get back. Well not on the whole trip, as that might be boring to you. But the cool neat things that happened. Or if it is a miserable time, which I highly doubt, you shall then hear my tale of woe.

Until Tuesday then my lovelies, ciao! I shall miss you all immeasurably!

Who knows how will all will survive till then!

2 comments:

Lesley Livingston said...

It's funny... I keep whistling "I Like New York In June" and then looking out the window. Heh.

Guess we'll be dressing REEEEEAL warm...

LL

ORION said...

Have a GREAT time Adrienne!
And talk to you when you get back.