Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Also the next Vanna White

I'm gonna be a prize girl.




Like, I am going to show off prizes at an auction. My hope is to elicit at least a few "oohs" (I'd love some "ahhhs" but I mean, I'm not sure I'm at that level yet).

You see my lovely bud Lesley, and her lovely friend Caitlin Sweet, often work with the fine folks of the Sunburst Awards for Canadian Literature of the Fantastic. And every year at Ad Astra, a fantasy convention held here in Toronto, they hold an auction to raise money for said awards.

So I was asked to be a prize girl and really how could I say no? Okay, in retrospect probably pretty easily but it's too late now and I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Anyway if you are going to be in the city and attending Ad Astra, please come check it out. The auction is on Saturday (March 3rd) and there are some really awesome prizes actually. Here's the link to more info on the subject (and if you feel like getting into an absurdist loop, you can then click on the link there back to this page and just keep going and going and going and going . . . ): Sunburst Awards Auction

2 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Good luck with that!

ORION said...

How did you do?
Being a prize girl doesn't mean you're bid on does it?
Will there be pictures?
Inquiring minds want to know.