* First and most importantly, for anyone seeking to read an excerpt - chapter one is now available online here! Yay!
* Second I will be appearing at Word on the Street, 4pm on Sunday September 23 at the Penguin Pavilion moderating the Women of YA panel.
* Third . . . here is what the jacket is going to look like! I believe the proper term for this is "squee". This is so beyond exciting for me. The cover is printed on pearlescent paper so it has this sheen to it, and the title/my name/three girls are embossed. I also really like the section they quoted on the back cover - and check out the silhouette! How Charlie's Angels is that :) . I also love how the flaps continue with the pinwheel design, and have these little decorative features in the corners.
Unfortunately despite numerous attempts, my pictures are slightly out of focus :P . But I think you get a decent sense of what it looks like:
|Zee reverse side - where you can see the embossing|
* Last but not least I am very honoured to share with you a blurb from science fiction and fantasy author, Ms. Julie Czerneda. She's an all around amazing woman, very talented, and extremely generous. You should buy all her books now. Though she is also quite prolific so it might make a slight dent in your wallet.
And so . . .
“THE FRIDAY SOCIETY is what I’ve been waiting for, a dashing adventure bursting with atmosphere and originality, where the day shall be saved by women of brilliance and character. Keep writing, Kress! I must have more! Most highly recommended.”
- Julie E. Czerneda, author of A TURN OF LIGHT
And . . . that's it for now! Further bulletins as events warrant! (<-- a sentence I learned when I was a child from Calvin and Hobbes):