Sunday, October 28, 2007

Texas Book Festival

Okay okay okay, pretend I'm not here . . .

I just popped back to let people know that this coming weekend (Nov 3 - 4) I'll be at the Texas Book Festival. It looks to be a lot of fun, and if anyone is in the vicinity, well I would just love to meet you!

Anyway here are the details (and now I vanish once more into the ether . . . .oooooooooooooo):

Not for Required Reading

Date: Saturday, November 3, 2007
Time: 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Location: Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar (1120 S. Lamar)

Featuring: Sherman Alexie, Jacques Couvillon, Adrienne Kress (that's me!!!!), April Lurie, Perry Moore, Neal Shusterman, Cynthia Leitich Smith, and Brian Yansky

This goes beyond your average reading assignment. The Festival and the Alamo Drafthouse present an exclusive literary event where you can meet some of today's hottest young adult authors, who will be asked random questions by the emcees - no long panel discussions at this event. B&N gift cards will be given away, as well as Drafthouse passes. $10 tickets (which can then be exchanged for $10 of food and drink at the event) are available.


and . . .


Tough Girls

Date: Sunday, November 4, 2007
Time: 1:30 - 2:30
Location: Capitol Extension Room E2.012

Featuring: Cynthia Leitich Smith, April Lurie and Adrienne Kress (me again!!) - moderated by Julie Lake

Girl power is here to stay, which is good because life as a teenager is difficult: These authors' new books all have confident but vulnerable adolescent protagonists who have to do battle with mafia thugs, vicious pirates, and even more vicious vampires.

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Austin is a long way from me, but if you see Kinky Freidman be sure and say hello for me.

And if you ever make it to the Texas Panhandle be sure and let me know.

David L. McAfee said...

I'd like to echo Travis' sentiment, but substiture Tennessee for Texas. :)

Jen (NiennaC) said...

I've just found this blog, and just finished Alex and the Ironic Gentleman. Absolutely adored it! I couldn’t stop reading! Actually, I bought it with a bunch of other books and I was reading a different one first and just thought, well, I want to try A&tIG because Adrienne's from AW and I think it'll be cool - and BAM, it got me hooked. I dumped the other book and kept reading yours.

Can't wait until the next one comes out.

I must echo both travis and david, but I'll sub the North East.

Wonderful blog, wonderful book.

Thanks for the great read!

Anonymous said...

I loved Alex and the ironic gentleman. I thought it was such a good book. Great work. I couldn't stop reading. By the way I went to Claude Watson too!
Anyway GREAT book.